Senior Technical Support Engineer
This is how you support our team
Do you have extensive senior technical experience working in the UK solar PV industry, with a good knowledge of solar panels, inverters, mounting systems and storage systems?
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the pioneers in renewable energy who have been providing premium quality, solar PV products & solutions for the last 30 years.
At Solarwatt it is our mission to be the lifelong companion for people who want to produce their own clean energy. Founded in Dresden, Germany in 1993, we are the European market leader in glass-glass solar panel technology. Solarwatt remains at the forefront of research, innovation, and production and in our commitment to shaping energy transition by Powering A Better Tomorrow.
Our ideal candidate will be a customer friendly, motivated, organised, and proactive senior technical support engineer, with a deep understanding of solar energy and storage system technologies and a proven track record in technical design, installations, training and troubleshooting across all technical PV support functions. You will build and lead our UK technical team in alignment with our technical teams in the Netherlands and Germany and you will support your UK sales colleagues and our installation partners in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
This is a hybrid role, part home based, and part based at our newly established office in Shepperton, Surrey - so this is an exciting time to join our growing team! Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and will ideally be based locally.
What will you be doing?
- Lead and build the UK technical team;
- Select and add products to our portfolio coupling sectors (EV, storage, heating)
- Training colleagues and clients
- Preparing documents – technical and explanatory
- Taking care of certification for the UK and Irish market
- Liaising with our R&D and product management team in the Netherlands and Germany
- Design solar energy systems and storage systems in various design programs, including OpenSolar, PV-Sol, inverter sizing software and mounting system software;
- Draw up quotations in SAP in consultation with the account managers;
- Oversee and manage Support engineer(s) who are
- first line technical support engineers who support our UK and Irish clients on site and trough service calls;
- Handling and solving technical problems of existing installations;
- Handling service calls
- Providing technical training and explaining technologies and technical details to clients and colleagues
- Draw up technical documents (technical procedures, technical specifications and technical presentations)
What do we expect from you?
- Relevant degree/qualification and electrical engineering background;
- 6+ years of experience in technical PV engineering functions;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Comfortable with main IT packages, SAP Enterprise, Outlook, MS Teams, CRM (Salesforce);
- You are strong in providing advice to installers and are service-oriented;
- You have extensive experience in solar energy / battery storage;
- You have extensive knowledge of solar panel technologies, inverters storage systems and mounting materials;
- You are a team player, you like supporting colleagues to achieve team goals, share information and share technical knowledge;
- You are in possession Driving Licence B;
- Good communicator, friendly, eloquent;
- Well organised, structured, and accurate;
- Proactive, self-starter;
- Problem solver;
- Service minded;
- Able to work autonomously;
- Tech savvy;
- Eager to learn and dig into details;
- Good social skills;
- Desire to be helpful;
- Must be eligible to work in the UK;
- English native
- German / Dutch non-essential but helpful
What Solarwatt offers
- Excellent salary and benefits package including contributory pension, bonuses, medical insurance BUPA, 25 days holiday;
- An extremely pleasant and professional working environment with like-minded professionals;
- Ongoing training and personal development;
- The chance to work on sales campaigns for fun and challenging projects!;
- REAL opportunities for rapid career progression for top performers into a variety of other roles.