Marketing and communication manager
This is how you support our team
In this position you will be responsible for managing and executing all marketing activities and campaigns focusing on the UK and Ireland. We are growing exponentially in both these markets and you will be responsible for writing all English language content, all email marketing activities, managing the English language website, marketing support for our sales team, organising webinars and coordinating and organising events like trade shows, partner events and training events. Assisting Solarwatt partners with their marketing needs to optimise their Solarwatt presence in the market is part of your role. Increasing brand recognition and brand awareness as well as creating B2B and B2C leads will be largely under your responsibility.
You will be working closely together with the marketing team at HQ in Dresden, our team in the Netherlands and our local team in Shepperton, Surrey, UK. A clear preference for this role is to work from our office in Shepperton. This is a very dynamic role where you will also work and communicate closely with our sales teams, product management teams, external PR agencies, and marketing teams from all international offices. It is expected of you to be a well organised individual and an excellent communicator.
This role requires you to speak English fluently and have a sound knowledge and experience working in the UK and Ireland regions.
What will you be doing?
- Producing copy for and management of the UK website (in NEOS)
- Content and production management of brochures for our company and products
- Email marketing (in MarketingCloud)
- Increasing brand awareness
- Establishing and expanding lead channels (in collaboration with an Online Marketer)
- Setting up and organising webinars
- Coordinating and organising the presence of SOLARWATT at events
- Work together with Solarwatt partners to increase their exposure selling our products (personalised brochures, content for their websites, provide support for their trade show deliverables)
- Create lead campaigns
- Create landing pages
- United Kingdom
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an English language cotent/SEO copywriter/marketer
- An employment contract of 24-40 hours per week
- Experience with managing a website and email marketing
- Experience with event marketing
- B2B and B2C campaigning and communication
- Knowledge of solar PV is a plus
- Highly disciplined
- Excellent communication skills
- Grouping / consolidating existing (technical product) information/texts/diagrams from several sources and languages
- Autonomous coordination of larger marketing/PR/advertising projects
- Fluent English
- German or Dutch: basics are an advantage
- Social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Design software (Photoshop, Indesign, etc)
- Grouping / consolidating existing information from several sources and languages
- Reporting activities
- Highly motivated, positive attitude with a hands-on mentality
- A real team player (you will be in regular contact with different departments in different countries)
- You have a flexible mind-set
- You are creative and open minded and dare to think out of the box
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are goal oriented and and can multi-task effectively and efficiently
- You are eager to learn
- You are passionate and enjoy a challenge
What Solarwatt offers
- A very varied and responsible job
- A pleasant working environment and a fun team in a great location: the Shepperton Marina
- Short communication lines, open atmosphere
- A laptop
- Gym membership
- 25 paid holidays based on 37.5 hours a week plus bank and public holidays
- Your salary is in accordance with your education, age and experience, and we offer excellent secondary employment conditions as well
SOLARWATT is one of Germany's pioneers in solar energy and develops solar panels, home batteries and energy management systems. The company was founded in 1993 and produces innovative quality products. With these, SOLARWATT focuses on the consumer and business markets.
SOLARWATT employs around 1000 people worldwide and works with international organizations such as BMW, Bosch and E.ON. SOLARWATT is almost 100% owned by Stefan Quandt, who is also a major shareholder in BMW.
In addition to the German headquarters in Dresden, we also have subsidiaries in the Netherlands, France, Great Britain, Italy and Spain. Installers and end users in more than 50 countries around the world are convinced of the outstanding quality of our SOLARWATT products.