Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
This is how you support our team
Do you have experience as an experienced logistics and supply chain manager and are looking for your next challenge?
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the pioneers in renewable energy who have been providing premium quality, solar PV products & solutions for the last 30 years.
At Solarwatt it is our mission to be the lifelong companion for people who want to produce their own clean energy. Founded in Dresden, Germany in 1993, we are the European market leader in glass-glass solar panel technology. Solarwatt remains at the forefront of research, innovation, and production and in our commitment to shaping energy transition by Powering A Better Tomorrow.
Our ideal candidate is a reliable and experienced logistics professional who will assume responsibility Solarwatt’s supply chain management in the UK. You will implement the sales strategy, recognising bottlenecks in the market and being able to act accordingly, organising and monitoring storage and distribution of goods with the goal to manage the entire order cycle to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
This is a hybrid role, part home based, and part based at our newly established office in Shepperton, Surrey - so this is an exciting time to join our growing team! Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and will ideally be based locally.
What will you be doing?
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services;
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency;
- Arrange warehouse, catalogue goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints;
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce;
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets;
- Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements;
- Comply with laws, regulations, and ISO requirements;
- Checking picked orders;
- Propose improvement processes to minimise the number of picking errors;
- Managing packers and monitoring quality/appearance packaged order;
- Responsible for documentation packing procedures;
- Processing rush orders (outside of standard process).
What do we expect from you?
- Proven working experience as a Logistics and Sales Manager;
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management;
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff;
- Proficient in standard logistics software;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects;
- Accurate / meticulous / eye for detail;
- Good with SAP systems;
- Being able to prioritise well;
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- English native
- German / Dutch non-essential but helpful
What Solarwatt offers
- Excellent salary and benefits package including contributory pension, bonuses, medical insurance BUPA, 25 days holiday;
- An extremely pleasant and professional working environment with like-minded professionals;
- Ongoing training and personal development;
- The chance to work on sales campaigns for fun and challenging projects!;
- REAL opportunities for rapid career progression for top performers into a variety of other roles.